The Neutron Series Wireless Managed Solution from top Far Eastern WiFi manufacturer EnGenius has been very well received in the UK market since it was made available in 2014. The Neutron Series is exclusively distributed in the UK by Yorkshire based Solwise Ltd.
Steve Mace, Technical Director at Solwise, commented ‘We have been extremely pleased with the uptake of the Neutron Series in particular in the Education Sector. After exhibiting at the BETT Show in January we found there are many schools that can’t afford the very high end managed solutions and this makes the EnGenius solution a good alternative with its superb level of specification and very competitive price point.’
The EnGenius Wireless Management products, which include wireless management switches and indoor and outdoor wireless access points, gives Installers, VARs, and IT managers a rapidly scalable, high-performance, cost-effective solution for deploying multiple access points.
Designed for fast deployment and easy management of the EWS family of wireless indoor and outdoor access points, each EnGenius EWS Layer 2 switch is equipped with Gigabit Ethernet ports and supports 802.3at/af PoE for easy deployment of EWS-series access points. The EWS switches provide browser-based configuration and enable centralized management with quick setup of multiple EWS access points. Other features include: 802.1X authentication, access control lists, cluster AP management, intelligent diagnostics for access points, and bulk firmware upgrades and, of course, full 802.11k+r roaming for clients.
- Neutron Series
The family of EWS Wireless Management Switches includes:
- EWS2910 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ L2 Wireless Management Switch with 2 Dual-Speed SFP. 61W PoE budget
- EWS5912FP 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ L2 Wireless Management Switch with 2 Gigabit Uplink Ports and 2 Dual-Speed SFP. 130W PoE Budget.
- EWS7928P 24-Port Gigabit PoE+ L2 Wireless Management Switch with 4 Dual-Speed SFP. 185W PoE Budget.
- EWS7928FP 24-Port Gigabit PoE+ L2 Wireless Management Switch with 4 Dual-Speed SFP. 370W PoE Budget.
- Neutron Kit
Optimized for deployment and management with the EWS-series Wireless Management Switches, the family of EWS indoor and outdoor access points includes:
- EWS300AP High-Powered, 2.4GHz Wireless N300 Managed Indoor Access Point with Gigabit Port
- EWS500AP High-Powered, Wall Plate, 2.4GHz Wireless N300 Managed Indoor Access Point with 4 x Gigabit Ports
- EWS510AP High-Powered, Wall Plate, Dual Band Wireless N600 Managed Indoor Access Point with 4 x Gigabit Ports
- EWS310AP High-Powered, Dual Band Wireless N600 Managed Indoor Access Point with Gigabit Port
- EWS320AP High-Powered, Dual Band Wireless N900 Managed Indoor Access Point with Gigabit Port
- EWS350AP High-Powered, Dual Band Wireless AC1200 Managed Indoor Access Point with Gigabit Port
- EWS360AP High-Powered, Dual Band Wireless AC1750 Managed Indoor Access Point with Gigabit Port
- EWS650AP High-Powered, Long-Range, Dual Band Wireless AC1200 IP55 Managed Outdoor Access Point with Gigabit Port
- EWS660AP High-Powered, Long-Range, Dual Band Wireless AC1750 IP55 Managed Outdoor Access Point with Gigabit Port
- EWS860AP High-Powered, Long-Range, Dual Band Wireless AC1750 IP68 Managed Outdoor Access Point with Gigabit Port & External Antenna Connectors.
As the UK distributor for the EnGenius Neutron Managed Wireless Solution Solwise are pleased to introduce the free cloud management software EZMaster.
EZMaster is a software package that allows users to remotely manage and control the EnGenius Neutron system via a web browser interface. One of the key features is the ability to manage multiple controller plus access points nodes under a single project. So, for example, if you have a site using two controllers then you can 'join' the management under a single 'project' so both controllers and their associated access points can be managed under a single 'project'. EZMaster also allows you to centrally manage multiple remote 'projects' located at different sites; ideal if you have several branch offices. EZMaster will work over site-to-site VPN links or over the internet and the software package can be run on a standard Windows or Linux system. You can even run EZMaster on a third party VMWare platform using an off site server (for example using Amazons EC2 platform). All this and it is FREE!!
* Multiple site controllers managed under a single project
* Works across different subnets so it's work over a VPN connection
* Works across the internet so as long as both the server and remote ends have internet access then EZMaster will work
* Simple browser interface
* Flexible VMWare package that works Windows or Linux or a 3rd party VM platform
* It's free!!
For further details or to download a free copy go to
To compliment EZMaster, EnGenius have also released new firmware for the Neutron controllers and access points giving extra features such as sophisticated auto-channel and RF power control and also guest portal functions - users can simply update their system using the auto-firmware update on the controller status page to download and install the new features.