Despatch & Warehousing Apprentice
Solwise Ltd is a mail-order business dealing in computer networking hardware. We are looking for a Despatch and Warehousing Apprentice to assist in the day-to-day running of our busy despatch department. The Solwise team is a small one; with this in mind you should be sociable, reliable and punctual. You should be able to work well with others but also be able to work well on your own.
Some experience of working within the warehousing sector would be an advantage however not necessary as full training will be given. You should have a reasonable level of fitness as the role can be physically demanding.
- Preparing and packing customer orders.
- Sanity checking orders prior to packing them.
- Ensure enough pallet spaces are available for incoming deliveries.
- Accepting and checking incoming deliveries, compiling a delivery list and checking order quantities and products are correct against expected orders.
- Driving Forklift for palletised deliveries and collections. (Training will be given)
- Bringing goods in from warehouse into packing department/filling shelves.
- Checking product contents, date stamping, stock rotation, stocktaking, creating new product labels.
- Keeping Despatch/warehouse tidy.
- Emptying bins, sorting out commercial waste, recycling boxes and other packing materials (we are quite a green company).
- Cable making, creating custom cables in a variety of length and connector styles to suit customers needs.
- Regular maintenance of machinery and equipment e.g. forklift, sack-barrow, cable winder, strapping machine, cardboard shredder.
- Liaising with Technical Support regarding booking goods back into stock, returns etc.
- Liaising with staff responsible for processing customer orders.
- Monitoring stock levels of consumable items and reordering from appropriate sources.
- General odd jobs such as painting, DIY, repairs as and when required.
Please email your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org