The XPOL-2-5G is Poynting’s third generation “V3” of this very popular Cross Polarised (XPOL), cellular band, 2x2 MIMO antenna. The antenna enclosure effectively looks the same as the second generation “V2” but has been completely redesigned on the inside. We have used advanced metamaterial technology, making use of Artificial Magnetic Conductors (AMC) and new registered/patent pending radiator configuration, which is proving to yield exceptional improvements in bandwidth and gain. Radiation patterns of this antenna are exceptionally well controlled, further adding to the performance of the antenna.
The XPOL-2-5G antenna includes the newer 3400 - 3800 MHz bands, which were not previously covered by our V2 and is suitable for 2G, 3G, 4G & 5G. This antenna performs exceptionally well in the following frequency bands: 698 – 960MHz, 1700 – 2170MHz, 2300 – 2700MHz & 3400 – 3800MHz. In addition to the new bands, the gain in the 1700MHz and 2.7GHz is around 3dB higher than the “V2” over the same frequency bands! Our “V2” antenna already outperformed most competitors over these bands, so this substantial improvement in gain shows the benefits of the new advanced materials and novel radiator design.
So, if it was a car, we installed an entirely new technology engine producing twice the power under the bonnet – it may look the same, but just wait until you turn the ignition on!
• 2-3dB higher over all the bands compared to “V2”
• New 3400MHz-3800MHz, 5G band with 11dBi gain
• Broadband, including the latest 3.5GHz bands
• X-Polarised 2x2 MIMO Antenna
• Wall or pole mountable
• Lightweight & Rugged
• Weatherproof & waterproof (IP65)
• High pattern consistency across bands for 4G/5G carrier aggregation
• Outdoor antenna for Fixed Wireless Access (FWA)
• Consumer LTE/5G internet connectivity
• Industrial & Commercial LTE/5G deployments
• Urban and rural household reception enhancement
• Agricultural & Farming LTE/5G data distribution
• Power, Energy & Water telemetry access
• Oil & Gas communication systems
• Municipal & Government systems
• Repeaters & coverage enhancement amplifiers
What differs the XPOL-2-5G from the XPOL-2-V2?
The key differences with the new XPOL-2-5G will be:
- Frequency Band: 698 – 3800 MHz, Peak Gain: 11dBi
- 9 dBi @690-960MHz
- 10 dBi @ 1710-2700MHz
- 11 dBi @3400-3800MHz
- Radome Plastic: We now use UV Stable SAN Marine ASA, which is more resistant to UV fading than the A-XPOL-2-V2
- Radome Colour: Brilliant White (same as marine range)
- Coax Colour: White (initial stock will be black however)